Wednesday, March 18, 2015

36/37 Weeks

Yesterday was another doctor's appointment.  I couldn't get in last week at a time that wouldn't involve leaving work early.  So I had my appointment earlier in the week this week.  Dr. Scott was out this week so I saw Dr. Algara again.  It was a quick visit.  I had a few questions to discuss and the doctor was great about thoroughly answering all of them.  Then we listened to baby girl's heartbeat which was good in the 140s.  At that point the appointment was over.

I haven't been sleeping as well lately due to being uncomfortable and more frequent bathroom trips.  I also occasionally wake up gasping for breath if I've accidentally ended up sleeping on my back.  My feet and ankles have started getting a little swollen, but nothing like they did with Joshua yet.  Pressure has increased and with baby running out of room her movements are more uncomfortable.  In addition, exhaustion has set in and I'm ready to be done working.  I still have 2 more days this week and next week, then I'm done!  That is unless of course she makes her arrival sooner.  

Joshua is going through another phase of separation anxiety.  He does not like when I drop him off at Kathy's and has been crying or at least getting upset when I leave.  Kathy said he recovers fairly quickly most days.  It probably doesn't help that Lucas either hasn't been at Kathy's or doesn't come until later.  Adding to his separation difficulties, Joshua has been tough to get to bed lately.  He just doesn't want me to leave his room.  Some nights certain things work to help the situation, but then the next night the same thing might not work.  Even on days when he stays home with Andy he gets very upset when I leave.  I assume he senses the changes that are going to occur soon.  I'm apprehensive about how things will go when the baby is here and how Joshua will handle it.

As I said, Lucas hasn't been at Kathy's or comes late the last few days.  This is because Ashley was on bedrest and then had the baby on the 15th.  His name is Brayden and is still in the hospital.  He has been in the NICU for breathing problems but seems to be making progress.  Joshua loves to see the pictures of Brayden that Ashley sends me.  He is very excited about his buddy being a big brother.


No comments:

Post a Comment