We had a wonderful Hanukkah, Christmas and New Years Eve. For Hanukkah, Mom, Dad and Jeff came out to our house to celebrate the weekend before it began. We enjoyed a traditional Hanukkah dinner of brisket and latkes with applesauce. My brisket didn't turn out as good as mom's and nowhere near as good as Aunt Eileen's...sorry Mom. After dinner we shared some presents and ate dessert before everyone had to leave. On Christmas we went to Andy's parent's house to open presents, before heading to his Aunt Nan's for lunch. After a big lunch, gifts and a nerf gun war Andy and I went home to relax a bit. That evening we went up to Andy's Grandma Hart's house to spend time with his mom's side of the family. Between the huge lunch I had eaten and my ever growing belly, I didn't eat much for dinner. Although I had plenty of room for dessert. At both gatherings we were blessed to receive more gifts for the baby. A few days after Christmas, Andy's Aunt Lori, Uncle Tracy and their grandson Aidan came down from Wisconsin to visit. The 2 year old Aidan, is one of Andy's favorite little kids to play with. This is probably because he is the son of Andy's childhood partner in crime, Katie, and they are very similar in personality. Aidan seemed to love playing with Andy as well, and continuously referred to me as "the one who made the cookies". We ended our holiday celebrations with a quiet evening at home for New Year's Eve. I made homemade pizza and we watched movies. After a midnight kiss and finishing our movie, we were happy to go to bed at 12:30.
As for the part of the update you probably came here to read,baby Blackmer is doing well. At last week's appointment my blood pressure was a little high and the baby's heartbeat seemed a little low, but nothing to worry about. This week my blood pressure was fine, baby's heartbeat was back up to 138 and I'm dilated to 2 1/2 centimeters. The doctor said everything looks great and with me being 37 weeks, which is considered full term, I could go into labor tonight....or in 3 weeks. My feet haven't been as swollen, I think due in part to being out of school and having the chance to put my feet up more and relax. On the other hand, literally, my hands continue to swell and finger joints are stiff. I also have what the doctor called, temporary Carpal Tunnel. Since my hands swell, it puts pressure on my wrist causing some numbness. In addition, I have been having contractions, pressure and cramping here and there. I'm hoping this means baby boy is preparing to make his debut soon, and I won't have to endure these things for too much longer. I go back to school tomorrow, but I'm not really looking forward to it. The past few days I've been exhausted by 2 pm, so I'll have to find a way to get through the day without lying down or taking a nap.
I've said this in just about every post, but as reality begins to hit I get more and more excited about our little guy's arrival. Andy and I are so excited to meet our baby boy and hold him in our arms.
Still wondering what I meant with this post's title? We have only had about 2 inches of snow total this winter. My prediction is that we will get hit pretty hard right before I go into labor. We'll see if I'm right.
No comments:
Post a Comment