We have had 2 wonderful baby showers now. The first was given by my mom and she did a great job! The brunch was delicious, seeing everyone was very nice and we now have most of the gear for baby's arrival. The second shower came as a surprise to me. On an early dismissal day at school, I thought I was headed to a staff meeting. Instead it was a surprise baby shower. I was completely clueless that they had planned it and was shocked to see Andy there too. They even decorated with a farm theme, like our nursery. We are so blessed to have so many people in our lives that care so much for us.
As Baby Blackmer gets bigger, I feel even the slightest movements. The other night, I rested a glass of water I had finished and only had 2 ice cubes left, on my stomach to help cool off (I get hot very quickly and easily lately). Well the baby obviously didn't like the cold and kicked the cup off my belly. It gave Andy and I a good laugh.
I'm now 35 weeks along, which means not to much longer...hopefully. The nursery is mostly ready, all of our baby classes are done, I go to the doctor weekly now, and we are so excited to meet our baby boy! With the holidays around the corner we're hoping time will fly and we'll be holding our baby in our arms before we know it!
No comments:
Post a Comment