Our little guy has been moving more and more lately. Since he's getting so big its hard not to feel every movement. According to my book, What to Expect When You're Expecting, he weighs about 4 1/2 pounds now. I believe it! I've been having more back pain, and swollen feet lately. I truly think this little one is going to be quite the athlete. He's quite good at kicking my bladder which has less room the more he grows. Many nights after dinner I lie down on the couch to relax and the dance party begins. I never get tired of putting my hand on my belly and feeling him move, though.
I had my doctor's appointment this past Wednesday and everything was looking and sounding good. His heartbeat was 147 beats per minute. As I pulled my shirt up for her to listen to his heartbeat he moved and gave my belly a large bulge next to my belly button. Doctor Scott decided to feel around to determine his position but couldn't tell if he was sideways or not. She then decided to do a quick ultrasound to see. He is already in the head-down position. I go back to the doctor in 2 weeks.
This week we also had our last Baby 101 class. We watched the video of a C-section birth which I was nervous about seeing. However, it was actually quite interesting and I did not get queasy at all. I still do not want to have one, but if the need arises I feel more comfortable about the process. We also toured the Labor and Delivery department of the hospital, which Andy and I were both looking forward to seeing. It was nice to see where we need to go and where we will be staying for a few days. It's no Sandals Resort but it's nice.
We had a great Thanksgiving last week and were happy to be able to spend so much time with family and friends. I was a little disappointed that I couldn't eat as much as I'm used to; all the food was delicious! The Sunday after Thanksgiving we put up our Christmas and Hanukkah decorations. I'm anxiously awaiting the holidays with more time off work and it will be that much closer to having our baby boy in our arms.
Tomorrow is our baby shower that Mom is giving us. I'm excited to see everybody and I'm so thankful that so many people want to share in the joy and anticipation of our son's birth that is only about 7 weeks away.
No comments:
Post a Comment