 |
| 16 weeks and the kitchen almost done |
It wasn't long ago that I was wondering when I would start showing. Well my belly has popped and I'm looking more and more pregnant than someone who just ate a big meal. I had my doctors appointment this past Friday. Everything went well, although the doctor told me that I haven't gained as much weight as is normal, but that it's OK. He asked if I have been eating a healthy, well-balanced diet. Rather than telling him about the pizza, Arby's, and other random junk food I had been consuming I explained that we just moved and I don't have a kitchen to prepare meals. I quickly followed up by saying that in just a few short days I should be able to get back on track with healthy foods, and I have for the most part. When the doctor said it was time to listen to the baby's heartbeat I was thrilled. I had been hoping to hear it again just for that extra confirmation that all is well. A muffled, static-like, woosh woosh woosh sound never sounded so beautiful. I considered asking if I could record it on my phone so that I could play if back for Andy later, but decided that might be a little weird. Before I knew it the doctor was out of there and it was time to have blood drawn. They test for Down's Syndrome at this time, a test that Andy and I had discussed skipping but of course when the time came I forgot to ask if that was an option. I then set up my appointment for next month, including an ultrasound! 3:15 was the latest appointment I could get, which makes me apprehensive seeing as how I'm not sure how leaving school early will go over. If I was still at Dee-Mack this wouldn't be an issue. I'm not overly excited about starting my new job, so I'm not even going to discuss it at this point.
No comments:
Post a Comment