Our most exciting recent news is that we will be expanding our family in April. Baby GIRL Blackmer is due April 8th. We've experienced some difficulties with this pregnancy but we're hopeful that she will be healthy and that I will carry her full term. Joshua seems to have mixed feelings about the idea of a sister, well and really a baby in general. I'm not sure that he quite understands what will happen, but at times he appears excited. He will kiss my belly and occasionally talk about the baby. Andy also seems to have mixed feelings. He's excited we're having a baby but is hesitant that its a girl. Initially he was hoping for a boy, but has since gotten used to the idea of a girl. He recently admitted part of his fear is that she will have him wrapped around his finger.
As I mentioned Joshua's feelings about the baby waiver. Here are some funny stories from Joshua about the baby.
- When asked what we should name the baby, he replied, "My toys!" At a later date I asked him the same question and he responded, "Toy." He's worried about sharing toys, yet wants to name her Toy.
- One night Josh had just kissed my belly, and then grabbed a quarter off the table and put it on my belly button. We asked why he did that, to which he answered, "So the baby doesn't come out."


No comments:
Post a Comment